Job Title: Assistant Technical Manager
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum DOE
Working Hours: 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times
Contract: Initially a two-year, full time, fixed term contract with a view to extend or make permanent upon project completion
Reporting to: Head of Technical
Location: A brand new state of the art facility based near London Heathrow Airport, with some site-based work
Constantine is a leading international art logistics company for private collectors, museums and galleries. With over 130 years’ experience and worldwide recognition in fine art transportation, Constantine combines their unrivalled knowledge and expertise with the latest technical innovation in secure storage and project management.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Manager to facilitate a major Museum Storage decant project in West London. This person will join the Constantine Technical team but will be based primarily at the client’s site in West London.
- Assist the Head of Technical team and the Constantine Technical Managers in the delivery of the major collection decant project.
- Compile all existing project related information by area and collection, and assist the practical management of the decant in each area.
- Set up and maintain work management files related to the project.
- Undertake site visits within the stores to measure and assess a wide range of object movements, access and any other site specific issues, and to produce specifications for object packing and movement.
- Assist with providing method statements and risk assessments for specific object and collection movements.
- Maintain stock levels of materials to assist the Constantine Techs.
- Engage in and maintain the transport schedule of vehicle movements.
- Maintain clear correspondence both internally and with client project managers.
- Assist the work of Constantine Techs where necessary.
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Technical or Technical Managers.
- Recent hands on experience of Art handling and packing.
- Knowledge of contemporary Museum and storage environments.
- Awareness of the conservation issues surrounding art handling.
- Awareness of the health & safety issues surrounding art handling.
- Excellent working familiarity with common software such as Word, Outlook and Excel, and willingness to learn software, including CAD and Project.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Practical experience in an area such as Art, Construction, Engineering or similar activity.
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful attitude, with an ability to build relationships, and work flexibly and independently, and as part of a team.
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Cycle to work & travel to work loan scheme
- Company phone
- Opportunity for growth through our training and development programme
If this sounds of interest, please apply with your CV and cover letter.