Job Title: Technical Manager
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per annum DOE
Working Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Head of Technical
Location: A mixture of site and office based work
Constantine is a leading international art logistics company for private collectors, museums and galleries. With over 130 years’ experience and worldwide recognition in fine art transportation, Constantine combines their unrivalled knowledge and expertise with latest technical innovation in secure storage and project management.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager and envisage that this post will suit a person currently working in the field, with several years of art handling experience, and a desire to step up to a varied and challenging role. It is quite likely that the job will change and grow in time, so a flexible approach will also be required. The successful candidate will ideally have some experience not only of practical Art handling, but also of managing and running the work of other Art Handlers in a variety of locations and scenarios.
- Assist the Head of Technical team in the growth and delivery of the Technical Art handling and Project Managing function of Constantine.
- Provide costs, method statements and risk assessments for Projects, Exhibitions and individual art handling jobs.
- Undertake site visits to measure and assess object movements, access and any other site specific issues, and to produce reports and make recommendations for object movement and packing.
- Answer Technical Enquiries relating to Art handling and packing from Constantine Museums and Galleries Co – ordinators (The Help Desk).
- Condition checking a variety of objects both on site and at our storage locations, both in South London and near London Heathrow Airport.
- Undertake technical planning, surveys and design using CAD software (after training).
- Liaise effectively and considerately with clients, Constantine staff, Freelancers, contractors and suppliers.
- Maintain clear correspondence both internally and externally, and run related work management files.
- Maintain and update records, databases, inventories and other Technical team management information.
- Hands on experience of Art handling.
- Recent experience of managing Art Handling teams and work in a Museum, Gallery or Commercial Art moving company environment.
- Knowledge of contemporary Art and Museum environments.
- Awareness of the conservation issues surrounding art handling.
- Awareness of the health & safety issues surrounding art handling.
- Excellent working familiarity with common software such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and willingness to learn software, including CAD and Project.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Practical experience in an area such as Art, Construction, Engineering or similar activity.
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful attitude, with an ability to build relationships, and work flexibly and independently, and most importantly, as part of a team.
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Cycle to work & travel to work loan scheme
- Opportunity for growth through our training and development programme
If this is of interest today, please apply with your CV and cover letter.