Job Title: Driver Technician
Salary: Dependent on experience, with overtime and benefits
Working Hours: 07:00 – 17:00 Daily, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times as overtime to meet operational needs. Overnight stays away from home in a hotel will be required as part of this role.
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Location: South East London
Constantine is a family owned & run international art logistics company for private collectors, museums and galleries. With over 130 years’ experience and worldwide recognition in fine art transportation, Constantine combines their unrivalled knowledge and expertise with latest technical innovation in secure storage and project management.
We are currently recruiting for a Driver Technician to join us based in our brand new state-of-the-art secure facility based close to London Heathrow Airport. The ideal candidate will be an existing HGV Driver, Art Handler or Technician and will work across all sectors of our clientele undertaking the packing and transportation of works of art and other valuable items as well as getting involved in specialist work including installation and heavy lift.
The key element of the job is the ability to safely handle, pack and transport often fragile, valuable and unique works of Art, Antiques and museum objects so a strong background in dealing with Fine Art, Museums or Galleries sectors would be a distinct advantage. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this client facing role.
- Undertake the role of professional Art Handler and Driver as defined in training and company practice to include Art handling, packing, installation, movement and transport including driving to and from sites across the UK and Europe.
- At all times fulfil the company aim of providing excellent service to our clients and colleagues alike.
- Execute all work as defined on the daily work schedule and complete all paperwork to high standards.
- Carry out and document condition report checks
- To operate all company vehicles to DVSA and DfT standards including maintaining the cleanliness of any vehicle used by the individual and conducting a daily walk around check and recording any defects immediately.
- Wear correct uniform at all times, and also additional Personal Protective Equipment as and when the job requires it.
- Maintain security of vehicles, cargo and the company premises and property at all times.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times, read and act within any risk assessment provided so as not to endanger other people or works.
- Work on site within client’s premises observing all local site rules and with respect to the client’s property and privacy.
- Be available to work away from base and undertake any nights out in hotel accommodation.
- Hold a current UK driving license, Class 2 or Class 1 preferred.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational internal workshops/training sessions and establishing personal networks
- Other adhoc duties as required
- Demonstrable 5 year employment or education history
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Driving license, Cat B as a minimum. Cat C or C+E or the willingness to achieve is preferred
- Willingness to work across company sites as required
- Have a sound understanding of handling procedures and standards for works of art
- Have experience in safety & security environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. All our vehicles operate with a minimum of two technicians in them and we often transport couriers alongside works.
In return we are offering:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Cycle to work & travel to work loan scheme
- Life assurance
- Company phone
- Annual leave increase every 3 years
- Opportunity for growth through our training and development programme
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply with your CV including a full 5 year history and your salary expectations.