Transport Planner (Forward Planning) – Art Store LHR
Constantine is one of the largest Fine Art Logistics Company in Europe operating for over 130 years. We work with major Museums, Galleries, Institutions and Private Collectors throughout the world, offering a first-class service across the globe. Our multi-site transport operation is growing and we are looking for a road freight Transport Planner to work from our new facility near London Heathrow to work within our transport operations team scheduling our specialist LGV and van fleet.
Your main responsibilities:
Forward plan and execute the scheduling of a busy specialist transport operation packing, moving and installing fine art in the UK and Europe.
- Optimise scheduling to provide a best-in-class service in the most efficient manner
- Review job bookings prior to planning to understand skills requirements, vehicle/access limitations, timescales, product dimensions and equipment
- Schedule vehicles using the most economical and cost-effective routing
- Allocation of correct specification vehicles, equipment and suitably trained road crew to undertake movements as per the coordinator or technical team instructions
- Pre-Planning of shipments taking account of routes, secure overnight stopping areas and lodging arrangements
- Support the Transport Manager with fleet management such as vehicle maintenance, EU driver’s hours legislation, tachograph data processing, EU Working Time Directive, Annual Leave/Sickness recording, Training and Development of the transport team.
- Ensure safety legislation is adhered to and safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Adhere and champion Constantine policies and procedures for H&S, Quality Assurance and Security
- Tracking of vehicles using company telematics and monitoring systems, checking progress of routes in transit vs the daily schedule and communicating any potential delays
- Adhere to EU drivers hours legislation and DVSA Operators Licence requirements
- Book additional resource as required, liaising with contractors and subcontractors
- Rescheduling of tasks in accordance with changing requirements of clients and the operation
- Assist with producing road crew paperwork for the following day
- Briefing of drivers to include detailed instructions on execution of tasks
- On call cover for out of hours incidents or amendments
- Liaison with warehouse, packing, maintenance, support services and client coordination teams
- Assisting the Transport Manager with absence management for the road transport team, dealing with annual leave requests, sickness record management and return to work interviews
- Undertake any other duties that may be required by the management of the organisation commensurate with the responsibilities of the role or the requirements of the business.
Who we are looking for:
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a busy constantly changing environment
- Experience of manual vehicle planning/scheduling around payloads, dimensions, manual handling equipment using paper based and IT systems.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Transport operations systems and routing/scheduling software
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
- 3+ years experience in a transport/logistics operation
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Strong administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
What we are offering:
- Starting from £30,000 DOE
- Opportunity for growth within a successful company
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Company mobile phone
- Training and development scheme
- Life assurance
- Progressive holiday package and seasonal leave
- Regular social events throughout the year
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- LGV Cat C License or above is advantageous
- Transport Manager CPC is advantageous
Art, Handling , Removals, Installations, High Security, Aviation Security, International Operations, Customs procedures
If this sounds of interest to you, please apply with your CV covering at least 5 years and an accompanying cover letter.