Job title: Warehouse Supervisor - Packing & Casing
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Working hours: Core hours are 07:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime and weekend work on a rota basis
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Location: London SE15
Constantine is a family owned & run international art logistics company for private collectors, museums and galleries. With over 130 years’ experience and worldwide recognition in fine art transportation, Constantine combines their unrivalled knowledge and expertise with latest technical innovation in secure storage and project management.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Supervisor to join us in a brand new state-of-the-art secure facility based in SE15 who has the ability to securely receive, handle and pack high value items. The role will include loading and unloading transport vehicles and providing excellent customer service to customers/clients and administrative colleagues. Full training will be provided for the right candidate
- Understand the differences between the casing specs and correct application.
- Processing orders daily and updating our software modules for case making with details.
- Assist with building and maintaining the Constantine packing manual and client briefing sheets.
- Assist in training and mentoring the next wave of new warehouse apprentices and driver technicians.
- General warehouse duties to assist the warehouse such as loading own and agent trucks, using scanning software to maintain records on our software.
- Early and Late cover on a rota basis.
- Assist in advanced planning across a multi-site case production operation remaining mindful of what warehouse the order will need to be sent to accounting for sizes of shipments and where clients store their items.
- Keeping on top of deadlines and delivery dates and making sure all orders are ready for their required dates.
- Dealing with queries from clients/Co-ordination staff from the office. Clients may ask to speak to packing department directly, this will be asked of yourself by the co-ordination staff before agreeing to the client.
- Build knowledge on how to pack delicate items for safe transport nationally and internationally.
- Checking all completed orders to make sure they have been completed to highest standard possible in line with Constantine Quality Control procedure before the packer closes the case (Packed and Empties).
- Assist with processing and completing the orders in the packing department in busy periods.
- Assist Technical and coordination departments with quotes.
- On occasion assist or lead site visits to measure up works for quoting.
- Maintain packing department stock levels and report when re-ordering needs to be done.
- Assisting road crew with local jobs as required (occasional sickness cover for example).
- Assisting management in maintaining good practice storage facilities for Health & Safety, Fire Safety and Security.
· Respond to general emails
· Collate weekly equipment (forklift etc.) defect reports completed by warehouse staff and file
· Report warehouse repairs where necessary to maintenance and stay on top of
· Assist Warehouse Manager in procedural and policy development and implementation
· Experience in a supervisory capacity
· Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service
· Driving license
· Willingness to work across sites
· A sound understanding of health and safety and procedures of art handling